The dogs pictured above are currently available for adoption at the Animal Services Center of the Mesilla Valley.
Check out the image gallery for more information about these animals.
Please consider adopting your next pet from one of the local animal shelters rather than supporting specialized dog breeding.
A large number of unwanted dogs and cats are killed at the Las Cruces animal shelter each year, over 12,000 in 2006 alone. Most of these animals are young and healthy and would have made wonderful pets. There are not enough homes available.
Las Cruces and Doña Ana County presently spend an estimated $816,000 a year to kill unwanted animals, whether they are strays or pets surrendered by their owners. A program funded by the city and the county would actually save taxpayer money and prevent the disposal of thousands of animals in our local landfills.
Animal Services Center of the Mesilla Valley (ASCMV)
The ASCMV provides the public with a selection of dogs, cats and often other types of pets. Adoption fees for dogs or puppies is $75. For cats and kittens is $50.
This fee includes:
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Feline leukemia or heart worm test (if animal is old enough)
- Age appropriate vaccinations
- Rabies vaccination and tag
- Microchip permanent identification
- City license if applicable and national registration
3551 Bataan Memorial West, Las Cruces, NM (map)
Safe Haven Animal Sanctuary
This organization is designed to shelter abused and abandoned pets. We practice a no-kill policy, so needy pets can have a place to call home either temporary or permanent. Those who are not adopted will live out their lives at Safe Haven. Non-profit organization that depends on the generosity through donations.
144 Wyatt Dr, Las Cruces, NM (map)
From The Heart Animal Rescue
Our adoption fees for dogs and puppies is $100. This includes:
- For adult dogs: heartworm and erlichia testing (and treament, if necessary), all routine vaccinations, microchip implantation & registration, and spay/neuter.
- For puppies: worming, two sets of puppy vaccinations, worming, heartworm and erlichia testing (and treatment if necessary) microchip implantation & registration, and spay/neuter.
Petfinder and Shelter Care also will donate two months of free pet health insurance to you for your adopted pet!
P.O. Box 56, Canutillo, Texas
Better Life Pet Foods
365 Avenida De Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM (map)
Golden Retriever Rescue of New Mexico
Contact: Jackie Johnston at 575-382-7804